Thursday, September 12, 2013

Welcome!


Welcome to Justice in the Red Light District, a blog dedicated to raising awareness about sex slavery and the practice of Human Trafficking, not only in other parts of the world, but in America's own back yard.

In two weeks, I will be moving to Fort Myers, Florida to begin a year long internship with
Beauty From Ashes Ministries (BFA) where I will be working to help rescue women and children trapped in the sex industry. BFA is a grass roots, pioneering ministry that is dedicated to reaching and assisting women and children involved in and/or associated with the sex industry; commercialized sexual exploitation, trafficking and adult entertainment.

Through outreaches, professional counseling, discipleship, mentors, and art and equine therapy programs, BFA seeks to minister to women in the sex industry and introduce them to the God who desperately wants to bestow upon them a crown of beauty instead of ashes (Isaiah 61:3).

So please, join me as I embark on this journey of stepping into what the Lord has for me during this next season of my life and allowing him to bring me to deeper places of freedom in Him as I go out and fulfill the call He has on my life: to open my mouth and use my voice to break the chains of oppression and see the captives set free.

No comments:

Post a Comment