Monday, October 7, 2013

Update, Prayer Requests, and Needs

I first found out about Beauty From Ashes Ministries 5 months ago while I was living right-smack-dab in the middle of the slums in Kenya. There, my team and I learned about the hardships of many of the girls who grew up and lived in Makuru. We were actually living in a rescue home for girls who had been taken out of their own homes due to sexual abuse and violence. After hearing story after story after story about some of the girls that one of the social workers counseled, we decided to put on a Women’s Conference for the girls and young women who lived in Makuru.

As one of the conference’s keynote speakers, I got the opportunity to share my own story of childhood sexual abuse and trauma with the women who showed up that day and talk about how Jesus had transformed my own life and restored me back to a place of emotional and spiritual health. It was one of my favorite days on the World Race and it has become one of favorite ways for God to use me. For Him to take the painful parts of my life and use them to minister to other young girls and women who desperately need to know the love of Christ and believe in the hope of redemption.

That is one of the many reasons why I am eager to begin my internship with Beauty From Ashes Ministries. However, in order to do so, I need several things to be in place before I am able to relocate to Fort Myers, Florida.

Therefore, I would like to invite you to partner with me both through prayer and through financially investing in this next year of my life. In order to intern with Beauty From Ashes Ministries, I need to raise a total of $15,000. This will cover the cost of food, housing, transportation, and ministry expenses throughout the entire year. Your donations would not only provide me with the opportunity to be a part of this ministry and the work that BFA is doing, but it would also serve to help put an end to human trafficking and sex slavery.


If you feel led to give, you can give right here online by clicking the "Paypal Donate" button to the right where you have the option of giving a one-time donation or setting up a monthly-recurring donation.

A second option is to make a check out to “Beauty From Ashes Ministries” indicating that your donation is for LaShondra Riddle. All checks made out to Beauty From Ashes Ministries are tax deductible and should be sent to: Beauty From Ashes Ministries, 13300 S. Cleveland Avenue, Suite 56; Fort Myers, FL 33907

Thank You So Much!! Below is a break down of my financial deadlines and a list of Prayer Requests:
 
Financial Break Down and Deadlines 
•$1250/month (Rent, Utilities, Food, Transportation, Ministry Supplies)
•October 31th - $4000 (This will cover the first 3 months and get me moved to Fort Myers)
•January 31st- $8000 (total raised)
•April 30th- $12,000 (total raised)
•July 31st- $15,000 (total raised)
 
Prayer Requests/Needs
  • Housing in Fort Myers/Roommate: Ideally, I would love to be living in Christian community while I'm down there. So yeah, please pray that my roommate(s) would be hand-picked and ordained by God.
  • Reliable Transportation/Vehicle to take to Florida
  • Church Home and Community while I'm there
  • This transition period


     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment